The HITS eHealth Office is deploying Sunnybrook’s MyChart patient portal in South West Ontario so patients can securely access their electronic health records from participating healthcare sites in Ontario. The project, funded by Canada Health Infoway, includes two key parts:
The project's goal is to connect ClinicalConnect, a widely-used provider-facing portal, with MyChart. With requisite agreements signed by contributing organizations, doing so will enable health data from the 72 acute care hospital sites, 4 LHINs' Home & Community Care Services and regional cancer programs in South West Ontario to flow through ClinicalConnect to MyChart. This data will add to that already integrated with MyChart from other participating hospitals located in other parts of Ontario. This integration work was successfully completed in August 2018.
For the most up to date list of sites where MyChart has been deployed in south west Ontario, please visit healthrecordsonline.ca/partner-sites.
Innovative digital solutions such as MyChart helps meet the growing expectations of patients and families looking for a seamless experience and more engagement in their care.
1. Registered Nursing Association of Ontario – https://rnao.ca/sites/rnao-ca/files/Patient-centred_health_records_backgrounder.pdf
3. OpenNotes Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Patients’ Perceptions of the Patient Portal Experience with OpenNotes - https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-0038-1676588
4. Canada Health Infoway Executive Summary - National Results titled “Valuing Canadians’ Secure Access to their Health Information and Digital Health eServices - https://www.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/component/edocman/3552-valuing-canadians-secure-access-to-their-health-information-and-digital-health-services/view-document?Itemid=0
5. Journal of Medical Internet Research - The impact of electronic patient portals on patient care: a systematic review of controlled trials - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510722/
6. Patient Educational website for Pathology Report Interpretation - https://www.mypathologyreport.ca
List of Data-Contributing and Deployed Sites (as of March 23, 2020)
April 15, 2020: Spring 2020 Project Update
November 18, 2019: Fall 2019 Project Update
August 1, 2019: Summer 2019 Project Update
May 17, 2019: Spring 2019 Project Update
May 14, 2018: MyChart is Coming to South West Ontario
September 20, 2017: HHS obtains funding for patient portal in SW Ontario (Article in Canadian Healthcare Technology)
Sign up for the MyChart eNewsletter
Follow us on Twitter: @MyChartSWO
Following us on Facebook: MyChart SWO
Follow us on LinkedIn: MyChart South West Ontario
© 2017 HITS eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences. All rights reserved. All content and materials contained within are the property of Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation and may only be reproduced with permission. Site designed : Cyberguyz Solutions